Did you mean: 

AUTO CAD 2012 STUDENTS

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1082 Views, 9 Replies

AUTO CAD 2012 STUDENTS

HELP PLEASE....I'M LEARNINFG AUTO CAD FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IM HAVING A FEW CHALLENGES WITH GRID AND SIZE.  AFTER FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVING IN THE INTRODUCTION, MY GRID DOES NOT APPEAR AND MY BACK GROUND IS BLANK. I'M ALSO HAVING A PROBLEM WITH SIZING MY PAGE. wHEN I MOVE MY CROSSLINE TO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF MY PAGE (RT SIDE OF A COMPAS), THE SIZE I ENTERED ON THE COMMAND LINE IS NOT THERE. I COULD BE LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE! LOL

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> wHEN I MOVE MY CROSSLINE TO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF MY PAGE (RT SIDE OF A COMPAS),

>> THE SIZE I ENTERED ON THE COMMAND LINE IS NOT THERE

And what did you enter in the command line? Especially what command did you use to enter "size"?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
pendean

Zoom command, Extents option, then tap the F7 key to toggle grid on/off and see what happens. Remember, LIMITS command settings must match your Zoom Extents view or you won't see much.

Are you taking a class? or have a book to help you learn?
Message 4 of 10
dgorsman

Welcome aboard.  FYI - if you notice, the rest of the posters aren't posting in ALL CAPS.  Thats considered "yelling", and impolite if done on a regular basis.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for responding. I don't recall the exact number but it was to place a limit on the frame so I would not go off the page. I eventually figured out I was missing and got right through it. Now Im facing another challenge. lol

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Sorry, wasn't intentional.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm taking an on-line class.. thanks for responding.  2ndly,I have moved on sinces than and facing a new challenge. I keep getting a caution message when I open AutoCAD that says "This drawing file being opend was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite. If you save this drawing, it will always be plotted with the following stamp: Produced by an AutoCAD Educational Product. It is recommended that you save this drawing with a different name.

Will this affect my drawings? Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 10
JDMather

You can ignore that warning - it is just letting you know you are using student license.

This is normal for students - if a commercial user was getting this warning then they would be concerned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

That brings a relief....Thank you.Cat Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost