AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ahmad4albario
Message 1 of 3 (3,397 Views)

Auto assigning of SCR files of screen savers

3397 Views, 2 Replies
01-30-2011 07:40 AM

I have installed autocrat 2011 in windows 7 system but after installation my scr file screen savers are not working and opening in note pad. Autocad automatically assigned these files as a cad files.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Madam

Contributor
oom1984
Message 2 of 3 (3,359 Views)

Re: Auto assigning of SCR files of screen savers

01-31-2011 03:07 PM in reply to: ahmad4albario

it's one of those odd coincidences that autocad used .scr for scripts, and windows used .scr for screensaver files.

Though typically most "folks" don't double click on screensaver files to "start" them. If you set them in the display properties (like normal folks) they work just fine.

So you're going to have to make a choice to reassociate them or keep it the way it is.

Depending on your level of computer proficiency this could be very easy, or very hard to do.

Normally the .scr screensaver files work with the scrnsave.exe program.

If autocad installation did reassociate them to open .scr (script) files in notepad, you'll have to choose which is more important.

Normally to "reassociate" a file you need only shift right click it in file explorer and select "open with..." and make it always open with that program. I couldn't do that with .scr files (running xp).

google search: set file associations in windows 7

"To set File Associations in Windows 7 or Vista, Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations. Select a file type in the list and click Change Program." Source: http://www.winvistaclub.com/t19.html

Good luck.

plunavat
Message 3 of 3 (2,916 Views)

Re: Auto assigning of SCR files of screen savers

11-06-2011 12:03 AM in reply to: ahmad4albario

I also had the same issue...

as said we will have to remove the file type associativity.

Here is a utility to do the same. download the file and remove .scr file type

Link: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/231/1/An-Utility-to-Unassociate-File-Types-in-Windows-7-and-Vi...

Regards,

Pranav

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.