Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutCAD 2011 will not function

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tedwardspg
334 Views, 5 Replies

AutCAD 2011 will not function

I have a user who uses AutoCAD 2011 and when it starts up an error comes up "unable to load last used profile". after that the UCS icon comes up on a blank screen no Drawing has been loaded. there is no command line, ribbon or menu bar. As soon as I touch the keyboard it Fatal errors and shuts down.

The signiture says ACA 2013 which is not the case. The user is on ACA 2011 but has the same computer.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth
in reply to: tedwardspg

I'll presume you mean the same computer specs, not the exact same physical computer....

I'll suggest starting with doing a REPAIR from Control Panel, and if there are still issues, do Re-Install from the same location.

Message 3 of 6
tedwardspg
in reply to: jggerth

did that already

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
16GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
tedwardspg
in reply to: jggerth

If i try and do a fresh install am I going to be able to authorize it being on subscription and all?

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
16GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: tedwardspg

That's common.
Message 6 of 6
jggerth
in reply to: pendean

Being on subscription, you may run into the problem that the subscription agreement allows running the current version plus the previous three versions.  With current at 2015, 2011 may have fallen off the support train.  Contact the subscription center and make sure they'll work with you.

Or install one of the newer versions that are supported under Subscription still. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost