AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
arkman
Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)

Attributes in Blocks

241 Views, 2 Replies
03-20-2012 02:45 PM

I'm working on creating some blocks for our office.  Basically it is a simple block with a few lines that remain and then a couple attributes you can click on and change.  I have added the attribute and all is working well.

My only issue is I would like to make the text in the attributes to be bold.  For some reason I can't see to do this.  Is it not possible.

Basically I want to try and get some of the attributes to stand out more than others.  I tried changing the color and the lineweight of the attibute (which worked the color is different) but when it prints it doesn't change at all.

Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Attributes in Blocks

03-20-2012 03:24 PM in reply to: arkman

The attribute text is going to be based upon the Text Style and the Font assigned to the Text Style.  When you create the Attribute in the Attribute Definition dialog box you can select what Text Style you want the attribute to use.  Or you can modify the Text Style assigned to an Attribute within a Block by using the EATTEDIT or BATTMAN commands.  So sounds like you need to setup another Text Style that uses a .shx font that is bold in nature, or use a True Type font that supports a Bold Font style, and then assign that Text Style to the Attributes as described above.  Type STYLE on the command line to bring up Text Style dialog box.

Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: Attributes in Blocks

03-21-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: arkman

Have you run ATTSYNC on the block yet? Logically it should run automatically when you edit an attribute and exit the block editor, or at least prompt you to with a dialog. I am sure it is on the Autodesk list of things to do.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.