AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jjkoz78
Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Associative array help!

252 Views, 3 Replies
08-16-2012 12:44 PM

Okay, I'm new to associative arrays, so I'm desperate for help.  I'm attaching a drawing so you can see what I'm trying to accomplish with this.  I'm doing an elevation view of a slab that has a cross section of the rebar.  I've shown one of the bars spanning from left to right, represented by a rectangle, and the cross section of the bars running front to back represented by circles.  Hopefully, you can see what I'm trying to show here.  In the drawing I've attached, the top three sketches are examples of how this would look if it were working correctly.

What I'm trying to do is create an array (of circles) that will stretch to the length of the bar spanning left to right.  I want the quantity of items in the array to automatically change based on the length of the bar and the spacing of items, so if there is 6" of spacing between the items instead of 12" it will automatically add twice the amount of items to fill in that space.  I've been trying to use a path array, and it isn't working the way I want.  I'm not familiar with rectangular arrays, so not sure what to do there either.  If you know of any way to accomplish this please let me know.  Also, if you don't understand what I'm asking I'll be happy to explain further.

Distinguished Contributor
dbanaszak
Message 2 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Associative array help!

08-25-2012 04:55 PM in reply to: jjkoz78

I'll bite, considering nobody else has. Are you doing this as part of a LISP routine?

jjkoz78
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)

09-17-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: dbanaszak

No, I'm trying to do this without using any lisp routines.  I was hoping there would be an option in the array setup that would allow me to do this.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)

09-17-2012 11:48 AM in reply to: jjkoz78

Are you using the ribbon?  Associative array is very easy if using the ribbon. I would use a rectangular array and adjust manually, the is no automatic option in array.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.