Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning NAD83 Coordinates to a AutoCAD 2012 DWG file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
445 Views, 3 Replies

Assigning NAD83 Coordinates to a AutoCAD 2012 DWG file

I need to assign NAD83 coordinates to drawings I am working with for submission to the local Department of Public Works.  Is it possible to assign NAD83 coordinates to a DWG file in autoCAD?  I am using AutoCAD 2012 LT.   I believe they need the drawing files with these coordinates just to locate the project site with respect to others.

I know this is possible with ArcGIS and I have looked into doing it with Maptitude also. Is it possible to do this within AutoCAD 2012?  I do not have access to and do not need a full GIS program like those mentioned above, ( I am using the LT version but I do have access to the full 2012 AutoCAD program). I want to find a easier way to assign the NAD83 coordinate system to a DWG file without a full GIS program.

I spoke with someone who previously worked within the firm I am working for and he had said that he used Maptitude to assign NAD83 coordinates by saving as a DXF file, assinging the coordinates with Maptitude and then converting back to a DWG file.  I need the final drawing as a DWG file with NAD83 coordinates.

Let me know what you all think, any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT is not capable of that: and no one sells an add on for LT to do it from what I can find. You need the power of the programs you don't want to consider.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am using the LT version but I do have access to the full 2012 version of AutoCAD in my office. Is this possible within the full 2012 version? From what I have gathered the free ArcGIS plugin for 2014 and up is capable of assigning NAD83 coordinates but I do not know about 2012.

thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You can look for plugins to purchase for R2012: ask the folks at ARCGIS or find others. Also see if the Autodesk Exchange store has addons you can purchase for 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost