Did you mean: 

Annotative Block, Match Orientation and Use a Leader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daryl.riggins
257 Views, 4 Replies

Annotative Block, Match Orientation and Use a Leader

Hi Folks,

I've created a nifty annotative block that will scale and orient itself to my layout. This is important as I have many different orientations to generate. The issue comes when I include a leader so that the plan reader will understand what is being labeled. My question: how can I incorporate a leader such that it remains connected to the block (that is going to rotate) and the point of interest (that will not be moving)? Examples of the issue are below. Thanks!

This looks great:

2014-12-09 11_00_36-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 - [P__20023_DWG_20023.dwg [20023 Shortcuts]].png

This looks awful:

2014-12-09 11_00_56-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 - [P__20023_DWG_20023.dwg [20023 Shortcuts]].png

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: daryl.riggins

I think you meant "dynamic block", not annotative: right?
How was the leader "incorporated"?

Any reason you can't share your creation inside an empty DWG file for all of us to try it/figure out the issue?
Message 3 of 5
daryl.riggins
in reply to: pendean

Unsure if it's dynamic. You may know better. I am sure it's annotative as I had to select that property in order to make use of the "match orientation" feature.

Block is attached. I haven't incorporated the leader into the block at all yet. Would love ideas! Thanks,

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: daryl.riggins

You're using MAP3D? You are correct, this is not a dynamic block so I'm curious how does it orient corrctly on it's own since that not a feature of the block you presented. It is annotative, scales correctly.

Would it benefit you if this was an MLEADER instead? You can use MLEADERSTYLE to have your block be used and a leader added to it. Plain AutoCAD that I use won't let me select your block.

A side note... your file contains a lot of "junk" like this:
DGN Linetypes Purged : 797
DGN Complex Linetypes Purged : 8691
DGN Text Styles Purged : 154
Plus AUDIT found 24689 errors and deleted 18 of them... .
Message 5 of 5
daryl.riggins
in reply to: pendean

I'm using Civil 3D 2011. When I enable annotative properties for this block, I'm also able to select match orientation. So, this block rotates itself so that it is always 0 degrees rotation no matter the viewport rotation.

I just tried working with a multileader. It's a great suggestion as I haven't tried before. It will not allow me to select this block, but I can select others to use. I wonder if that is because it's an annotative block?

---
Daryl Riggins, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost