Did you mean: 

Annotative Block Disappearing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daryl.riggins
926 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Block Disappearing

Hi Folks,

My attempts at making the attached block annotative are failing miserably. Within block editor, I've selected the annotative property, saved edits, then closed the editor. When I do this, the block disappears entirely. I've done the same routine, but changed the current annotative scale to be the same as my viewport. This fails in the same way, too.

Can anyone shed light on how to edit this block so that it is annotative (and doesn't disappear)?

Thanks,

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Manicbala
in reply to: daryl.riggins

Hi,

Please check the Annotation visibility option bottom right side corner of the AutoCAD window. See attached.

Thanks
Bala
Message 3 of 4
daryl.riggins
in reply to: Manicbala

Bala,

Thanks. Why would they even provide a button like that? One more way to confuse users, I would guess.

As it turns out, that wasn't the issue. I don't really understand why, but when I did the same procedure using a block with a different name, it worked fine.
---
Daryl Riggins, PE
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Why would they even provide a button like that? One more way to confuse users

The button has to exist, because some users want to see all annotative objects and other users want to see only annotative objects assigned to the current scale.

And I guess what you need is to know that you can assign the scales to the annotative object, for which the object should be visible (for other scales it's automatically off). That gives the option to say this dimension is visible in 1:50, 1:100, 1:200, but in no other scale. And as long as you have not assigned the current scale (and other scales) to your object, it will be invisible (and should be invisible).

What might help, is sysvar ANNOAUTOSCALE, look to >>>the help about that sysvar<<< and play with it's settings.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost