Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on making AutoCAD ready for transfer to new computer?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
morganism3
188 Views, 2 Replies

Advice on making AutoCAD ready for transfer to new computer?

Hey all,

Can I get some advice on what I should do before my computer is switched out?  I use AutoCAD 2010 and want to make sure I don't lose anything . . . settings, file locations, ANYTHING . . . Can someone walk me through what all I should do to prepare for the changing of computers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: morganism3

That's fairly extensive, and highly dependant on a) how you are organized now and b) what version you are upgrading to.  Because things change from version to version it will never be exactly the same: search paths change, CUIx files change, PGP files change, so there will be *some* change.  The key is to recognize what won't change and build around that, and recognize what will change and build around minimizing the amount of work needed to make those changes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
wiedmerp
in reply to: morganism3

Be sure to save your profile (see Options, Profiles tab). Save any custom icons, macros, lisp routines, CUI, customized PGP, custom linetypes, etc. (Check your Support folder for some of these.) Back up all your block files. I think you can also print a list of your current variable settings, including dimension settings. Sorry I'm not more specific, but hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost