Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Recoder Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
357 Views, 1 Reply

Action Recoder Help

Hey guys! I am a drafter for an Engineering firm and am looking into using the "Action Recorder" to bring in my floorplans. I have only been using AutoCAD for about 2 years and don't know much about "old" commands. I am trying to figure out how to move specified layers to certain coordinates. I know how to isolate a layer using the command line but when I try to move the layer all I know how to do is type move and select all. Is there a way to move just certain layers? Any and all help for the recorder would help. I also would like to know if anyone has tried this before and if they think using a lispertine would be easier. Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
whitney_jeff
in reply to: Anonymous

A layer is not an object, so you cannot "move" a layer.

I think you are trying to say you want to move all objects on a certain layer or layers.

In the layer properties pallete or dialgoue, select all the layers with objects you DON'T want to move, and then lock them.

Then back to your move command, select all, only the objects on unlocked layers will be added to the selection set and you can move them at will.

To finish, unlock all the layers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost