AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
ThorburnNZ
Message 1 of 9 (204 Views)

acsqldata.dll not found ---?

204 Views, 8 Replies
05-14-2009 06:57 PM
"acad.exe - Unable To Locate Component"
"This application has failed to start because AcSqlData.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I like the use of the word "may" - it instills such confidence.

Anyway, the application probably failed to start because it's ALREADY RUNNING!!! So, you know, it's just the usual, normal, everyday sort of failure that's been rampant through Autodesk products since time began. That is, the failure for no particularly good reason. Or, indeed, any reason whatsoever.

In this case, I get the error message popping up because .... well, because I've done something. Anything. Obviously there's no clear trigger to report and, as ever, there's not a scrap of support available on the entire planet that might help sort out - or even simply identify - the problem. Oddly enough, I never get this message when launching the application (Civil 3D 2010, incidentally), only when its already running. Which makes the message somewhat farcical, don't you think?

So .... I sit and click "OK" many, many times and eventually the program decides to do what I've asked it to do and opens up the required drawing. Note that the error is generated randomly, so it's not tied to a particular drawing, just to the act of TRYING to open a file.

On the plus side, it IS correct in saying that "acsqldata.dll" doesn't exist. So let's all have a big "YAY!!!" for Autodesk and their magnificent error detection skills. (Near silence, but for the whispering wind. A tumbleweed skitters past. In the distance we hear the howling of a solitary AutoCAD user....) I'm sorry. Apparently I forgot to disengage my cynicism circuits today.

Anyone else having problems with this particular file? Edited by: discussion_Admin on Feb 22, 2010 2:15 PM
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 9 (204 Views)

Re: acsqldata.dll not found --- ?

05-14-2009 08:04 PM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Contributor
ThorburnNZ
Message 3 of 9 (204 Views)

Re: acsqldata.dll not found ----?

05-14-2009 08:36 PM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Well done on spotting the completely obvious. Do you work for Autodesk, perchance?

Yes, I *am* posting in general. That's because it's a *general* problem. If it was an issue with surfaces, corridors, earthworks volumes, road alignments, or any other specifically Civil 3D topic, then that's the forum I'd post in. The reported error occurs regardless of whether the software is run as civil 3D or plain old vanilla-flavoured AutoCAD. With that said, may I make the following suggestions :-

1) Please refrain from posting replies unless you have something constructive to add.

2) Please feel free to post an abusive reply if that makes you feel better about yourself.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 9 (204 Views)

Re: acsqldata.dll not found ---?

05-15-2009 03:50 AM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Well, I have plain AutoCAD2010, LT2010 and ACA2010, and none of the three do
what you report. And looking around, no one else here is reporting the same
problem either.

Besides, I asked that you ALSO post among your C3D users while you wait
here: if you are mad at Autodesk, that's fine, but there is no need to dump
on the rest of us just trying to help. This is peer support, end users
helping end users, nothing more.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Distinguished Contributor
NathTay
Message 5 of 9 (204 Views)

05-15-2009 05:34 AM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
OP
>>Anyone else having problems with this particular file?

DS 1hr7min later
>>Nope.

Perhaps rather than trying to be the first to respond to posts and trying to rack up the most responses. It would actually be more help full to your peers if you kept you mouth shut and wait to see if others can actually provide help.
**Master
dmfrazier
Message 6 of 9 (204 Views)

05-15-2009 06:01 AM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Did you try re-installing?

Did you have any unusual events occur during installation?
Active Contributor
dawnhapt
Message 7 of 9 (204 Views)

05-15-2009 02:46 PM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
I have to agree with Dean on this one. He may come across as rude at times but it was a good suggestion that the OP post on the Civil3D forum - even plain jane AutoCAD with Civil3D uses some files that AutoCAD 2010 users alone would not have. Dean posts a lot on these forums and he would have some knowledge as to whether anyone has previously asked the question. What Dean doesn't know is whether the OP did post on the Civil3D forum as well... and maybe they did :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Contributor
NathTay
Message 8 of 9 (204 Views)

Re: acsqldata.dll not found ---?

05-16-2009 12:46 AM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Sorry I am an adult and am not familiar with the teenage craze of abbreviating everything. What does LOL mean?
vicensraga
Message 9 of 9 (204 Views)

02-22-2010 08:24 AM in reply to: ThorburnNZ
Same problem here, or at least fairly similar. I found this thread seeking information about AcSqldata.dll, since my AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 displayed the same error message on loading, despite the fact that it actually ended working, apparently in a correct way.

The error message appeared several times in sequence (6 or 7, never did actually count them) and it finally disappeared to leave me with the software ready to go. But being quite annoying as it was, I kept trying to get rid of it and discovered that the error message was there only when the installation was as plain as possible, with no components at all added to the basic install. When I did a complete install the error message disappeared.

From there it was quite simple to find out that just adding the "Databases" component the missing file AcSqldata.dll was copied to my AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 folder in Program Files, and the error message disappeared.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.