AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

arobinson
Message 1 of 3 (1,027 Views)

Accidentally unloaded my menus...

1027 Views, 2 Replies
04-13-2012 02:41 PM

Good evening all,

I have kind of screwed myself.  While trying to uninstall a plugin, I unloaded all my CAD menus.

I am using 2012 with Windows 7

I now have a completely blank workspace in classic view

I was able to load ACAD.cuix from its hidden user cache folder and now I have the file edit view etc, but no toolbars

If I switch to the dastardly ribbons, I have tool pallettes, but not in classic view.

I don't know what other menus to load to make things reappear!  I want to say there were two before I screwed things up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (1,015 Views)

Re: Accidentally unloaded my menus...

04-14-2012 12:00 AM in reply to: arobinson

Hi,

if you have plain AutoCAD the menu ACAD.CUIX is exactly that where you have to start (ExpressTools and other may follow). I would now start command _WSCURRRENT and would try to set different workspaces to current. Check if one of them is what you like/need.

If all that does not help you have the option to copy the original ACAD.CUIX from this folder:

<InstallationFolder of AutoCAD>\UserDataCache\Support\ACAD.CUIX

and copy it to your user-specific folder (this sample here may not fit to your directory as I have a german AutoCAD!)

C:\Users\<Your UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - Deutsch\R18.2\deu\Support

Then restart AutoCAD, reload the menu with command _MENU, select this newly copied file (that is just to make sure). Try then again to load your workspace.

If all that fails you have a last chance by resetting your complete AutoCAD profile (so all your customizations have to be redone!) by going to the Windows-Startmenu ==> to the section Autodesk\your AutoCAD version and there you find an option for resetting your profile. Again IMPORTANT: your customization get's lost then, do a backup if your customizations before!

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
arobinson
Message 3 of 3 (1,012 Views)

Re: Accidentally unloaded my menus...

04-14-2012 04:48 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you!

I was looking in the usercache folder and trying to load from there.  The C:\Users\<Your UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English....folder conveniently had an acad.bak.cuix file that reloaded my workspace.  Everything is back to normal. 

Thank you again!!! 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.