Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D section jog - impossible!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
742 Views, 11 Replies

3D section jog - impossible!

No forum has found a solution for this yet! 

When I add a jog to a live 3D section, my Xref's dissapear (and also blocks after binding). 3D live section works fine witout the jog. 

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!
@Anonymous wrote:

No forum has found a solution for this yet! 

When I add a jog to a live 3D section, my Xref's dissapear (and also blocks after binding). 3D live section works fine witout the jog. 

Welcome to the forum!

You said that "no forum has found a solution" but yet this is your first post.  So I'm a little confused by that.  But looking beyond that, what are you using?  Straight AutoCAD?  SInce you're talking about "Live Section Views", I doubt that.  I'm guessing one of the vertical products that run on top of Acad.

EDIT:  I forgot to ask -- what version?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 12
Patchy
in reply to: doni49

Why the confusion doni, it could be no one could do it or no solution when OP searched all the forums.

Message 4 of 12
doni49
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy wrote:

Why the confusion doni, it could be no one could do it or no solution when OP searched all the forums.

ok.  When I read that, I thought he was saying that he had asked about it and nobody could solve it.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Usually after considerable time I can solve all issues or at least find an acceptable workaround.

This time I could not find an answer on any forum.  Nor an acceptable workaround. One had a similar problem and the issue was put down to the graphics card.  That is not the problem!

I am using plain vanilla AutoCAD 2012.  

I am a solo draftsman/modeller working with a team of engineers.  Sometimes I get such weird AutoCAD problems - I wish there was another experienced draftsman I could work along with.  Hence - this forum!

Message 6 of 12
doni49

Is the insertion point within the boundaries of the view?  I'm wondering if acad sees the insertion point being outside the view as not being something to show in the view.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

That was my original thought.  Many of the Xrefs / blocks insertion points were outside the view.  So I checked that by making a more logical insertion point on one of the blocks.  No difference!

Message 8 of 12
doni49

Post your dwg file.  Someone will open it and investigate.

If a solution doesn't happen by then, I'll check it Monday.

Also what version are you using?

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Will post it Monday the 24th.  Nos olution as of yet.  Version 2012.  No add-on packages.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

File attached.  Many blocks deleted to make the file small enough to send.

Message 11 of 12
doni49

I thought the issue was that XRefs were not showing when you put your jog in the view.

I opened your dwg file and it looks pretty much the same as your first screenshot (the one that showed nothing missing) but there are NO XREF ATTACHMENTS in the file.MissingXRef.png

Don Ireland

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

All of the XREFs were bound to send the drawing.  The problem is exactly the same for both XREFs and blocks.

My apologies, there is a layer called "Section" which is frozen.  It contains the jogged section.  Turn it on and the problem will become evident.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost