3D object from lines

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
siljo87
444 Views, 6 Replies

3D object from lines

Hi!

I'm new here, but i want to ask for help.

I create 3D object drawing with lines. They have all right start and end xyz coordinates. But how to conect al thhis lines in object, which I can measure volume. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: siljo87

There's no direct/automatic method for converting lines into 3D objects, but if you already have all critical points defined with lines, you can certainly use those as a pattern/guide that will greatly reduce the time needed to model in 3D.

If you attach a sample drawing, we'll probably be able to make better suggestions how you might best accomplish your task.

Message 3 of 7
siljo87
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is the drawing wich I made. I'm just beginner, so it takes me a lot of time to draw.

I need to callculate the volume of this complicated body, so I think the fastest way to this in to make a object and then MEASUREGEOM-VOLUME-OBJECT and then select it.

Message 4 of 7
siljo87

Any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

tnx

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Did you understand the first reply you received here? You need to correctly redraw your model with 3Dsolids, sorry.
Message 6 of 7
nestly2

While the lines in your drawing do a good job of representing the design intent, it wasn't readily apparent to me how they could be used to model in 3D.  Instead, my approach was to recreate the "front" profiles and EXTRUDE them toward the back plane, then SLICE the "front" of the Extrusions to the correct angle.  After that, incrementally move them each 5 units toward the back to get them into the correct position.  After that, SLICE off the extra material from the "back"

Here's a video demo and the a fresh drawing with only the defining profiles and the finished solid for reference (done with AutoCAD2011)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3d5R2wzt1U

Message 7 of 7
siljo87
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you very much for this representation on video, now I will try to do it by myself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost