Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Drawings/Models don't print in colour - HELP?!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tom.owen
394 Views, 5 Replies

3D Drawings/Models don't print in colour - HELP?!

Hi there,

I have recently started doing 3D models for the office - we use AutoCAD architecture 2010

To get to the point, when I'm looking in model space (img1) or paper space (img2) it clearly shows my model in colour...

(img1)                                                                                            

Model Space 3D.png

(img2)

Paper Space 3D.png

However, when I go to plot preview/plot (img3), it just shows the lines and their colour but no fill/3D colour...

(img3)

Plot Preview.png

Just to clarify a few things I have done:

• I have checked our printer settings and they are set to print in full colour.
  • I have made sure that the colours I have selected for each individual piece of the model are printable colours.
  • I have made sure that the layer colours are printable colours.

We have a County show coming up very soon and this model is needed for our stand. So any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: tom.owen

And what are you using for a CTB or STB?

Message 3 of 6
tom.owen
in reply to: jggerth1

What do you mean by "what are you using for a CTB or STB?" a little bit confused?

I know that our set up here at work is colour dependant plot style (CTB) if this helps?

If I hatch a 2D object it prints in colour fine.... it just doesnt seem to want to print any of my 3D drwaings in colour?

Message 4 of 6
jggerth1

What i would do, is to use the RENDER command to create an image file of the shaded model, then attach that in Paperspace and plot.

Message 5 of 6
tom.owen
in reply to: jggerth1

How would you go about attaching that back into PS?

I presume you mean, RENDER, then save that rendered file to X location and insert in back as an image into PS?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
jggerth1

@tom.owen wrote:

How would you go about attaching that back into PS?

I presume you mean, RENDER, then save that rendered file to X location and insert in back as an image into PS?

Thanks

Exactly.

to place the image, change to your layout, then use the IMAGE command.  that will bring up the new-ish Xref dialog, and let you bowse for an image file to attach.  (Generally speaking, I get the best results with a .PNG format, but you could also try .JPG as well).  Pick an insertion point, and rotate & scale as desired.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost