Did you mean: 

2007lt student to 2012 lt

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
faymac
534 Views, 8 Replies

2007lt student to 2012 lt

Here is the thing.  I have 2007student Lt on an xp computer.  Bought a new computer & 2012 Lt.  I was very happy with the 2007.  Can I do something to 2012 Lt to make it run like 2007?  I am having a rough time using 2012.  I don't need or want the extra bells. HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: faymac

2012 is a bigger more complex version of LT.
Or are you wanting to move away from the RIBBON and just use the CLASSIC workspace in 2012?
Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

What parts exactly? Most new things can be disabled.

The link below points to a good reference. It's for AutoCAD, so some things may not apply. See the other links at the top of that page also.

http://www.blog.cadnauseam.com/2011/04/14/autocad-2012-putting-things-back-to-normal/

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
faymac
in reply to: pendean

I would like nothing better than to have 2012 act like 2007.  I know that sounds like I'm not right upstairs but I'm 75 and was happy with what I had.  This new one is a mess to me.  Don't know what a ribbon is. 

Message 5 of 9
faymac
in reply to: rkmcswain

I will look at the page you recommended.  I really would like to know what files I can copy from 2007 & stick them in 2012.  I wolder if autodesk would swap licences with me.  They can take back 2012 & give me 2007.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Friend, if you can't explain what you want we can't help: simply repeating you want it to look/behave like 2007 is not informative.

Try a little harder please.
Message 7 of 9
faymac

Message 8 of 9
faymac
in reply to: pendean

Yes, you are right.  My problem is the last time I had an admin do the setup for the office & I used the system.  I got a lot of help from a blog that was listed.   Thanks for trying to help.

Message 9 of 9
faymac

The blog was a lot of help.  I have it loaded on desk topSmiley Happy thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost