AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

dabgdk
Message 11 of 13 (149 Views)

Re: XP Pro SP3 Reboot On start Autocad

12-17-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: Icemanau
By the way, how are you breaking your post into paragraphs? I write mine broken up, but they end up jumbled together in one big paragraph.
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 12 of 13 (140 Views)

12-17-2012 02:46 PM in reply to: dabgdk

As long as you are using a disk with the same version of the OS, it won't matter if you installing over the top.

For example, Win XP Pro disk over a Win XP Pro install will work but a Win XP Pro over a Win Xp Home won't.

Go to the My Computer icon and right click on it, then select properties. The General tab in the box that pops up should show Who the software is registered to and the activation key. Write those down for safe keeping.

Start the Win re-install and install to the main directory. You should get a box saying that an existing version of windows is there and asking to confirm to install over it.

The install program should pick up the existing activation key without you having to do anything there.

As for the paragraphs, I use two hits of the enter key to spread things out. You must make sure that you have a US keyboard setting in windows otherwise your linefeeds are stripped out of the text.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

dabgdk
Message 13 of 13 (136 Views)

12-18-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: Icemanau
No, the product key is not available on the general page. I will probably use something like this to get the key: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ Thanks!
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.