Did you mean: 

VIEWPORT SYSTEM VARIABLE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
KLIPIT
4299 Views, 5 Replies

VIEWPORT SYSTEM VARIABLE

I have a drawing supplied to me with six viewports but can only ever see five of them at any one time. I guess there must be a system variable that I can change to allow me to see all. Can anybody help please.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: KLIPIT

Hi,

there is a sysvar MAXACTVP (>>>details<<<), this is by default 64, if it is set to another value then you are the first I know who changed that 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
KLIPIT
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred, Now you have made me a little nervous about changing it. Does the default mean 64 viewports? If so why should I have a problem with only six.
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Does the default mean 64 viewports? If so why should I have a problem with only six.

The default is 64, yes. If you look to sysvar MAXACTVP and it is set to 6 then someone changed it for this drawing.

No need to get nervous, just set it to 64, run command _REGENALL and all should be safe 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
KLIPIT
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes the variable had been changed to <6> in all drawings for this project supplied to me. Sorry only just getting back to this project. Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 6
KLYPHY

If you have many Viewports, each one delays the regeneration time.

Thus, in the past, when I might have 20 Viewports, I'd set the MAXACVP to a lower number just to speed things up. Computers are much faster now and I haven't needed to limit the active number for years now.

I forgot how I set the ones I wanted to see.

Read Y'all Later -KLYPH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost