Did you mean: 

Unable to revole object

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
gtfoxy
968 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to revole object

A project I am working on refuses to revolve. See attachment. Very easy object yet wil not revolve no matter what I do.

I have joined and closed poly line several times yet it wtill wil not revolve. Even went to each line segment and created poly line and joined then closed.

Confrimed joined and closed polyline by comand promt sating "open" and first option.

Would like to revolve around X-axis.

What am I doing wrong?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Patchy
in reply to: gtfoxy

Let's see your .dwg

Message 3 of 11
gtfoxy

Here ya go.

Also the other object is constructed using a spline for the compound radius end. This is a rough draft I would like to revolve also. I do not know how to revolve splines into polylines, if it is possible.

I can go back and create a solid using other methods but revolve would be so much faster.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 11
Patchy

Use FLATTEN command on the spline, then join all the lines, after that you can use revolve.

Message 5 of 11
gtfoxy
in reply to: Patchy

I can't view the file... Grrr. Incompatible version... I'm old school 2000i Smiley Sad

Did you fix it, the case to the left? What did you do to it? What do I need to do?

In regards to the other object, to the right, I do not see flatten in options under modifiy tab. Is that a newer command than the program I am running? I type it and it says unknown cammand...

Message 6 of 11
Patchy

It's fixed.

Message 7 of 11
Patchy

For the shell, use command PLINE and redraw on top of the old lines after that delete the old lines.

For the bullet, use FLATTEN command to change spline to pline and after that use PEDIT and join them.

Then you can revolve them.

FLATTEN command came with a separate CD as a bonus  if you were on subscription with autodesk back in those days.

Message 8 of 11
gtfoxy

Thanks so much for the help!  Can you tell me what you did?

It is not the right dimensions now though. The ID on the small end of the case should be .358, same as OD on the projectile to right. I am getting .6733"

Also, there should not be any hole in the middle, there is holes in each object.

Rotation was supposed to be around the lowest points of each object on the same plane.

I greatly appreciate the help and hope we can get it right.

Posted a screen shot of what it looks like on my end... maybe that isn't what yours looks like... Compatability issue then perhaps?

EDIT:

You posted as I was LOL

OK, I redid the polyline and that worked. Awesome!

Back in thos days I didn't even know I could get updates and such. Is there any way I can get it now?

Message 9 of 11
Patchy

Draw a line where you want to to revolve and revolve it.

Too late, last weekend I was cleaning my attic and saw this bonus disc and all of the tutorial books, I think I threw it away (Maybe it's still in the attic)

Message 10 of 11
gtfoxy

Thanks again.

If you can check to see if you still have it I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there a download resource for files like that?

Message 11 of 11
Patchy

If I find it, I'll send you a link to get it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost