AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
João Fitas
Message 1 of 4 (422 Views)

Text always horizontal

422 Views, 3 Replies
03-11-2008 05:19 AM
Hi everyone. I'm creating dynamic blocks, and I would like to place text on them. However, the blocks can be rotated and I want the text to be always horizontal, even in model space. Is there any text property to be set, or any other way to achieve this? Until now, I've been placing text in the block editor, place move and rotate parameters and actions to manually control the text element using the grips, sometimes incrementing the rotation angle 90 degrees, for the rotation to be easier. But when the block is freely rotated, this workaround doesn't work anymore. Any ideas you would like to share? Thanks in advance.
Active Contributor
tpc-mark
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

Re: Text always horizontal

03-11-2008 05:28 AM in reply to: João Fitas
if you remove the text from the selection set of the rotate action it should always remain at the angle the block is inseted at.
*DougK
Message 3 of 4 (422 Views)

03-11-2008 07:05 AM in reply to: João Fitas
if the block is rotated using the normal rotate command, all will rotate.

just as tpc-mark suggested, you should only rotate the block with dynamic actions and don't include
the text in the set.

--
(email addy is bogus, do not use unless you want to spam the gov't agency that monitors spam)
Doug K
Windows XP Pro SP2
LandDesktop Companion 2008 SP2
HP Compaq dc7700p Convertible
Intel Dual Core 6400 @ 2.13GHz
4G Ram (3.5 usable), 232 GB HD
ATI Radeon X1600 256MB
Dual 19" Dell Monitors
Kensington Trackball (left-handed)
Logitech G15 Keyboard

"João Fitas <>" <=?UTF-8?Q?Jo=C3=A3o_Fitas_<>?=> wrote in message
news:5872166@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi everyone. I'm creating dynamic blocks, and I would like to place text on them. However, the
blocks can be rotated and I want the text to be always horizontal, even in model space. Is there any
text property to be set, or any other way to achieve this? Until now, I've been placing text in the
block editor, place move and rotate parameters and actions to manually control the text element
using the grips, sometimes incrementing the rotation angle 90 degrees, for the rotation to be
easier. But when the block is freely rotated, this workaround doesn't work anymore. Any ideas you
would like to share? Thanks in advance.
Distinguished Contributor
ladonna101
Message 4 of 4 (422 Views)

03-11-2008 07:10 AM in reply to: João Fitas
To follow up on what the other said, just make sure you chose a base point for the rotation that will keep the text where you want it, or add some additional options that allow you to move or rotate the text as needed.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.