Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from one layer to the next

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
190 Views, 4 Replies

switching from one layer to the next

? I am currently new to the field and getting used to using a rediculous amount of layer. I am currently using around 100 layer on one project it's very organized, but to switch layer could cost me one two two minutes. so i feel ike if i could click on a line that is say layer 4, and im using layer 1, but while i have layer 4 selected layer 4 is in my layer manager box and now i want to draw in layer 4 how do i do that without unselecting and scrolling through my layer list. like a command of switch to selected layer. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You might use that in the menu, works also with AutoCAD LT:

-LAYER;_SET;LayerNameX;;

Or this as with LISP/in command line or lisp-file
(setvar "CLAYER" "LayerNameX")

Does that help?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
3wood

You can try command LS after loading attached routine, which change current drawing layer to the layer of selected object.

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

I don't have 2007/8/9, and I'm not sure whether in ol' 2004 this is part of AutoCAD itself or the Arch. Desktop overlay, but....

Do you have a Layer toolbar icon that looks like this?

MOLC.png

The tooltip says "Make Object's Layer Current."  It calls up the _ai_molc command, which you could also try typing in.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

Do you have a Layer toolbar icon that looks like this?

MOLC.png

The tooltip says "Make Object's Layer Current."  It calls up the _ai_molc command, which you could also try typing in.

Welcome to these Forums, by the way!

If you don't have _ai_molc, this will do the same:

(setvar 'clayer (cdr (assoc 8 (entget (car (entsel "Select Item on Layer to make current: "))))))

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost