AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

donabel
Message 1 of 16 (1,283 Views)

Serial number is all zeros

1283 Views, 15 Replies
07-30-2006 07:17 PM
I'm upgrading from AutoCAD 2004 to 2007 on a computer running XP SP2.

Did first install, entered new serial number, received authorization, everything appeared to work fine. Because of a configuration issue, I decided to reinstall. I uninstalled 2007 and reinstalled. The second installation recognized that this was a reinstall and didn't ask for a new serial number or authorization code. Everything appeared to work but the serial number shown under help was all zeros. Not a big problem except when I tried to access a few Autodesk web sites. They told me I wasn't authorized to do so because my serial number was all zeros.

Unloaded AutoCAD 2007 again, I deleted all the AutoCAD directories and files under "Documents and Settings" (including the license information file) Did a regedit to delete anything relating to ACAD2007, and then reinstalled. As with the first install, it asked me for my new and old serial numbers, but this time, said that the license information was deleted and that I had to reauthorize (there must have still been something left on my system from the previous installs). Did the reauthorization (I suspect I'm getting close to my limit of authorizations!), everything appears to work fine EXCEPT that I still have an all zero serial number.

Any suggestions on how I can get the correct serial number into AutoCAD 2007? Preferably without a reinstall?

Thanks.
*Tony Tanzillo
Message 2 of 16 (1,283 Views)

Re: Serial number is all zeros

07-30-2006 08:20 PM in reply to: donabel
How did the Autodesk websites you accessed know
that your serial number was all zeros ?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5252951@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm upgrading from AutoCAD 2004 to 2007 on a computer running XP SP2.

Did first install, entered new serial number, received authorization, everything appeared to work fine. Because of a configuration issue, I decided to reinstall. I uninstalled 2007 and reinstalled. The second installation recognized that this was a reinstall and didn't ask for a new serial number or authorization code. Everything appeared to work but the serial number shown under help was all zeros. Not a big problem except when I tried to access a few Autodesk web sites. They told me I wasn't authorized to do so because my serial number was all zeros.

Unloaded AutoCAD 2007 again, I deleted all the AutoCAD directories and files under "Documents and Settings" (including the license information file) Did a regedit to delete anything relating to ACAD2007, and then reinstalled. As with the first install, it asked me for my new and old serial numbers, but this time, said that the license information was deleted and that I had to reauthorize (there must have still been something left on my system from the previous installs). Did the reauthorization (I suspect I'm getting close to my limit of authorizations!), everything appears to work fine EXCEPT that I still have an all zero serial number.

Any suggestions on how I can get the correct serial number into AutoCAD 2007? Preferably without a reinstall?

Thanks.
*None
Message 3 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-30-2006 08:31 PM in reply to: donabel
To Donabel:
I am aware that the serial number is stored somewhere - is it possible
to change it? Second question: did you shut down your computer before
re-installing? I have had to re-install four times but never had your
problem.

My experience to Tanzillo's question is: Autodesk has a new system that
matches the serial number with the email address. Wrong email address
and someone has pirated the CD! And somehow the serial number is
transmitted through Windows. See CADzette, Vol IV, Issue 9 from
elise_moss@mossdesigns.com .
donabel
Message 4 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-30-2006 09:46 PM in reply to: donabel
Don't know. I tried to click on the "Create Support Request" menu option under "Help" and got the following:

"Invalid Product Serial Number

Autodesk Subscription has determined that your product is using an invalid serial number: 000-00000000
In order to access subscription services your product must contain a valid serial number.

If the product you are using is a trial version, you will need to activate it before you can access subscription services from your product. "

Thanks,
Don
donabel
Message 5 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-30-2006 09:58 PM in reply to: donabel
I tried to do a search on the all zero serial number but didn't find anything.

I always restart my system and then shutdown all antivirus, spyware, and firewall software before doing any install.

My e-mail address was the same for every install.

Maybe if I tried it for the fourth time it'll work like yours. :-)

Don
*Ian A. White
Message 6 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-30-2006 11:45 PM in reply to: donabel
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:17:34 +0000, donabel <> wrote:

>I'm upgrading from AutoCAD 2004 to 2007 on a computer running XP SP2.
>
>Did first install, entered new serial number, received authorization, everything appeared to work fine. Because of a configuration issue, I decided to reinstall. I uninstalled 2007 and reinstalled. The second installation recognized that this was a reinstall and didn't ask for a new serial number or authorization code. Everything appeared to work but the serial number shown under help was all zeros. Not a big problem except when I tried to access a few Autodesk web sites. They told me I wasn't authorized to do so because my serial number was all zeros.
>
>Unloaded AutoCAD 2007 again, I deleted all the AutoCAD directories and files under "Documents and Settings" (including the license information file) Did a regedit to delete anything relating to ACAD2007, and then reinstalled. As with the first install, it asked me for my new and old serial numbers, but this time, said that the license information was deleted and that I had to reauthorize (there must have still been something left on my system from the previous installs). Did the reauthorization (I suspect I'm getting close to my limit of authorizations!), everything appears to work fine EXCEPT that I still have an all zero serial number.
>
>Any suggestions on how I can get the correct serial number into AutoCAD 2007? Preferably without a reinstall?

From memory, a serial number of all zeros used to be one that could be
used giving you a 30 day use of the program. What does
Help|About|Product Information say about the license expiration date?
Katsaras
Message 7 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-31-2006 01:15 AM in reply to: donabel
There is a reference of something like that to the support site of Autodesk

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7294572&linkID=2475323

Hope that helps...
Valued Contributor
Cad Monkey 19
Message 8 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-31-2006 02:01 AM in reply to: donabel
As a last resort you could reformat your pc. This will wipe ALL programs and file and enable you to start from scratch like you would with a new pc.

SYL....................
*Laurie Comerford
Message 9 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-31-2006 06:34 AM in reply to: donabel
Hi,

It will get rid of the AutoCAD serial number from the registry, but the
AutoCAD licensing system will still know it has been on the hard disk.

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps
www.cadapps.com.au
wrote in message news:5252994@discussion.autodesk.com...
As a last resort you could reformat your pc. This will wipe ALL programs and
file and enable you to start from scratch like you would with a new pc.

SYL....................
*Nick Van Laar
Message 10 of 16 (1,283 Views)

07-31-2006 08:56 AM in reply to: donabel
How?
"Laurie Comerford" wrote in message
news:5253227@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi,

It will get rid of the AutoCAD serial number from the registry, but the
AutoCAD licensing system will still know it has been on the hard disk.

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps
www.cadapps.com.au
wrote in message news:5252994@discussion.autodesk.com...
As a last resort you could reformat your pc. This will wipe ALL programs and
file and enable you to start from scratch like you would with a new pc.

SYL....................
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.