AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
dcorkill
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

Scale List save location

129 Views, 2 Replies
04-21-2006 07:43 AM
I'm currently working on setting up a default profile for our some 100 cad users and I've modified my scale list under user preferences in the options. I would like to know where this information gets saved? So that everyone else will see them when they open their AutoCAD. Does it get saved in the arg file?

How appropriate that the file extension for a profile is ARG. That's usually what I scream when something happens to my profile.

Cheers
Dylan
Distinguished Contributor
mwgrutter
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Scale List save location

04-23-2006 01:01 AM in reply to: dcorkill
I can't find any info in the AutoCAD help files on the save location or exporting/importing the Scale List information.

I have found that the list is saved in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R**.*\ACAD-4001:409\Scale List

Substitute your version number for the **.* reference (i.e. 16.2 for 2006, 17.0 for 2007

If you can't find any other way, you can export your edited version from your registry and import it into each user's machine. With 100+ users, that's probably not the best solution, but we work with what we're given!
Valued Contributor
chrisneedham
Message 3 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Scale List save location

04-24-2006 05:02 PM in reply to: dcorkill
I've written a freeware fix for that issue, called SCALELIST. It allows you to determine one preset list of agreed scales, which are set on everyone's workstations. At present it only works for metric units, however. If you need it to be able to work with imperial units, fill me in on what you need, and I'll be happy to work on it for you (no charge).

www.cadmodz.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.