Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retaining a selection after undo

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1303 Views, 8 Replies

retaining a selection after undo

This has been a bother since I started working with AutoCad. I spend time selecting objeces only to find the need to undo a command at which time I lose the objects I slected. Is there a way to retain objects that have been selected after an undo has been carried out.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

At the Command line, type SELECT  <enter>  then P (for Previous) then <enter> again.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

To my chagrin it does not work as expected. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Message 4 of 9
nestly2

I may have lead you astray. What I posted works in AutoCAD2011 and newer, but the selection is not remembered after Undo in 2005.  I don't have any versions in between to test when the behavior changed.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

It's very inefficient to have to reselect after undoing. Hard to believe there's no way around it. Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 9
nestly2

Perhaps instead of UNDO, just re-issue the command then press "P" when prompted to select objects, and modify the objects in the manner you had originally intended.   I did search a little, but didn't find which version  they changed it to remember the selection even though an UNDO.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Undo is a very useful command, but it is appalling that Autodesk does not allow users to retain their selection following an undo Cat Frustratedas recently as version 2009. I remember using Autocad years ago, and this problem existed at that time as well.

Message 8 of 9
3wood

I guess with a lisp routine, the selection set can be written out as a temporary file, with all entities' handles in it. Then when recall after UNDO, it can read the entities' handles back to the drawing and select them again.

Message 9 of 9
pendean

... Or upgrade.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost