Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replce Block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
520 Views, 3 Replies

Replce Block

It would be so so great if Autodesk would make the "Replace Block" command actually do aomething. I can replace parts in Solidworks without issue, but in a much simpler 2D environment, replacing blocks is next to impossible unless it's a block of a very very simple shape or something. Could be a great asset if they got it working correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
3wood
in reply to: Anonymous

Would you mind post a sample drawing so we can test it?

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be so so great if Autodesk would make the "Replace Block" command actually do aomething. I can replace parts in Solidworks without issue, but in a much simpler 2D environment, replacing blocks is next to impossible unless it's a block of a very very simple shape or something. Could be a great asset if they got it working correctly.

I couldn't say whether they will do what you want, but try the attached things.  The BRA [= Block Replace: All] command in BlockReplace.lsp is similar to AutoCAD's BlockReplace command, except that:

1)  it doesn't offer a list to pick from, nor on-screen selection [I have in mind to work that in] for the replacing Block, but needs you to type in a Block name [it does let you pick one for the Block to be replaced];
2)  it doesn't offer the option of Purging the replaced Block definition;

3)  it does, however, find drawings in the Support File Search Path list, and does not require the replacing Block to be already defined in the drawing if it's in one of those locations;

and maybe a few other little things.

The BRS [= Block Replace: Selection] command has you select only those Blocks you want replaced, rather than replacing all Blocks of a given name [and will replace Blocks of any name, not of only a single name, with the designated replacement Block].

Though it's not equivalent to BlockReplace, I include BlockDupNewName.lsp [BDN command] as another kind of "replacement" of a Block [pick one, and give it another name, and it makes a duplicate under the new name, which you can then edit without affecting other insertions of the original Block].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

Though it's not equivalent to BlockReplace, I include BlockDupNewName.lsp [BDN command] as another kind of "replacement" of a Block [pick one, and give it another name, and it makes a duplicate under the new name, which you can then edit without affecting other insertions of the original Block].

If anyone finds this looking for that kind of functionality, don't use the one in the .zip file attached to Message 3, but get the upgraded version of BlockDupNewName.lsp>here<.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost