Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGENAUTO on defult

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1298 Views, 6 Replies

REGENAUTO on defult

Everytime I go into AutoCAD 2009 I have to go into the settings to change into REGENAUTO. I would like to find a way to make the default setting have REGENAUTO always on. Any one know how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

REGENAUTO is a system variable stored in the drawing. To make it default for new drawings you have to edit your template (create a new drawing, set REGENAUTO as you like, run _SAVEAS and set the filetype to "AutoCAD template").

To make AutoCAD known that it has to use this template you can set it in the _OPTIONS dialog ==> tab "Files" ==> search for template to use for QNEW (>>>details<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you very much for your input. I understand that making a template would work but I feel that there should be a way to have the default setting in a new drawing without using a template. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

A Script run at Startup may be a way.

But having the default Drawing for QNEW be nothing but a empty file with that Variable set would be the simplest as Aflred suggested.

Though why you would want a blank, dumb, devoid drawing file is not something I quite understand.

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> a way to have the default setting in a new drawing without using a template

Every time you create a new drawing you use a template, it does not work without a template, at least AutoCAD uses the ACAD.DWT or ACADISO.DWT.

If you want to have it in every case, so also when opening existing drawings you might edit your ACADDOC.LSP file and add the line

(setvar "REGENMODE" 1)

...to turn it REGENAUTO to ON

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7
nestly2

Add the following line to your acaddoc.lsp file. 

(setvar "REGENMODE" 1)

If you don't have an acaddoc.lsp, or know how to use, read this.

http://www.jtbworld.com/lisp/acaddoc.htm

Message 7 of 7
scot-65

One more suggestion:
Double-click desktop icon to start AutoCAD.
Command: REGENMODE [Enter] 1 [Enter].
Select the "X" at top of window.
Select "Yes" inside the next dialog.
Select the "OK" in next dialog.

Done.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost