Did you mean: 

Recover Back file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
apanbasu
261 Views, 4 Replies

Recover Back file.

I am running 2008.

Last night I worked on a file and most of the work was gone. I had the alyers such as demo. the lined to be demoed are gone I just do not know what happened. I understand there is back-up file saved a certain interval. I do not know where to locate. I checked the Tool - Option and file and save. there is nothing there.

Can somebody help me on this? There is a lot of work gone. I hate to redo the whole thing.

Another item - the previous designer developed the drawing with unit "Feet" It is hard to work with it. How do I change to "Inches" as unit? Should I scaled the whole drawing 1/12 th?

A quick help will be highly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: apanbasu

Unless you or someone changed it, BAK files are created and lcoated in the same folder as your DWG files. if you have no BAK file that matches the name of your DWG file there is nothing to recover there.

If you use autosave, there might (might I said) be a chance you have an AC$ extension file of the same name in your Windows Log In Temp folder location: search there.

UNITS or -DWGUNITS commands (the latter has a dash in the name) to change from feet to inches, and yes you will need to rescale your entire file by 1/12 and also fix all of your text styles and dimension syles sizes as well. It's a big task.
Message 3 of 5
apanbasu
in reply to: pendean

I have bak files. However, they are created after I save the files. Am I not correct. I have AC$ files saved and I found them. However, how do I open those files?

To make the life difficult - the original drawings were done in metric. I am working fps system. The scales are messed up. Should I scale down the original drawings to 1/25.

Yes, I have to re do the text.

I would appreciate a quick response. I know today is Saturday. However, I have to deliver the drawings this week-end.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: apanbasu

Like BAK files, you need to rename the file extension of AC$ files to DWG before you can open them. This is done in WIndows Explorer, ensure you have file extensions set to show first (you can Google Search that if you need more help).
Message 5 of 5
apanbasu
in reply to: pendean

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost