AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

3 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 5

read only except domain admins

112 Views, 4 Replies
06-12-2007 07:52 PM
i have an sbs 2003 r2 server. some of the users are experiencing read-only access to drawings, but not all users. if i change them to domain admins the problem goes away. all new users i setup experience the same problem. at first glance it seems like a user rights issue to the folders. however, autocad is the only program having the problem with the server. word, excel, acrobat, photoshop, etc. do not have the read-only issue. any help is much appreciated.

thanks-
*Gehenna
Post 2 of 5

Re: read only except domain admins

06-12-2007 08:29 PM in reply to: scamluka
scamluka wrote:
> i have an sbs 2003 r2 server. some of the users are experiencing read-only access to drawings, but not all users. if i change them to domain admins the problem goes away. all new users i setup experience the same problem. at first glance it seems like a user rights issue to the folders. however, autocad is the only program having the problem with the server. word, excel, acrobat, photoshop, etc. do not have the read-only issue. any help is much appreciated.
>
> thanks-
>
This has been discussed in this forum. Do a search here. Appears to be a
very tiresome and troublesome problem.
3 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

06-13-2007 07:36 AM in reply to: scamluka
i have done a search here. there is nothing that i have found that looks the same. if you know of something let me know.
*Dean Saadallah
Post 4 of 5

06-13-2007 01:40 PM in reply to: scamluka
client windows versions?
do all your users have full read/write and temp-file creations/access to
these folders when under standard log-ins? AutoCAD creates lot of content
that is placed with the file that go away when a file is saved and closed,
any interruption and AutoCAD slaps a read-only label on the file.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
3 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

06-15-2007 01:12 PM in reply to: scamluka
they did not have full permissions. i thought i checked that, but evidently not. it's odd that it didn't affect other programs though. thanks for your help Dean.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!