AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

nshooty
Message 1 of 7 (5,354 Views)

Raster Image Won't Print To PDF

5354 Views, 6 Replies
01-30-2008 02:35 PM
I have an aerial photo in my drawing and when I print to PDF everything shows up except the image. I am not using the DWGtoPDF.pc3, I have Adobe PDF creator that I use. I can send the exact same file to my plotter and the image prints fine. I thought that maybe it was the PDF creator. So I opened the file up in AutoCAD 2004 and printed the same exact file (down saved of course) to PDF using the same Adobe creator and the image shows up fine. I am guessing that there is probably some setting in 2008 that is preventing the image from plotting? Can anyone help?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 7 (5,354 Views)

Re: Raster Image Won't Print To PDF

01-31-2008 05:56 AM in reply to: nshooty
Have you tried the built-in pdf driver?
Does it work at all plotting to the dwf driver from 2008?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Active Contributor
rwhip12
Message 3 of 7 (5,354 Views)

01-31-2008 06:20 AM in reply to: nshooty
I have the same thing happening with line work on top of an aerial with the exception; it plots a portion of the aerial and all of the line work.
nshooty
Message 4 of 7 (5,354 Views)

01-31-2008 08:05 AM in reply to: nshooty
Yes. I have tried the built in driver. When I have used it the image does show up but I have found that it ignores all my linewieghts. I have used the Adobe PDF distiller for years and have not had a problem until I started using 2008. Again, all of the line work in the drawing prints, just not the photo. I have also noticed that there is an error pop up window that appears right after the printing progress window finishes. It flashes on the screen so fast that I cant read it. Also, when it is finished printing I click the "plot and publish details" window and it says the sheet job was canceled.
Thanks
Active Contributor
williew
Message 5 of 7 (5,354 Views)

02-20-2008 04:28 AM in reply to: nshooty
Hi nshooty

Have you find a way to plot to PDF the drawings with Images with AutoCAD 2008? We are having simmilar problems with 2008. We have drawings that were created with Autocad 2000 and that plotted fine to PDF with all the previous versions with AutoCAD, but doesn't want to work with 2008? We have also tried to plot the drawings to DWF, also nothing.

Any luck?
nshooty
Message 6 of 7 (5,354 Views)

02-29-2008 02:38 PM in reply to: nshooty
I found a solution that works for me. What I found is that the Adobe PDF driver I was using was set by default to print at 1200dpi. This is way overkill and it was trying to create this huge file, which it obviously can't do. I am not sure why it was set to 1200dpi. I have never had any problems with the previous versions of CAD. How I fixed it is in the plot menu if you select the Adobe PDF as the plotter. Click the properties button, once that window pops up click on custom properties. That should bring up the PDF Document Properties window. Click either the layout tab or the paper/quality tab. Click on the Advanced button. Expand the Graphic section and you can change the 1200 dpi. I use 300 dpi and have never had any resolution problems. After you adjust that you will need to create a new .pc3 file or update your existing one. If you do not save this setting it will automatically go back to 1200dpi after you print.

Good luck!
LAmatt
Message 7 of 7 (5,227 Views)

01-17-2011 11:51 AM in reply to: nshooty

YES!

I was having a similar problem in ACAD 2009 today, and previously never had the issue in older versions (was working in 2007 until recent weeks). Changing the default PDF dpi from 1200 to 300 solved the problem for me as well. I had to restart AutoCAD after making the change to the pc3 file - I don't know why, but once I did, hours long headache appears to be solved. Thanks for the tip. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.