AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
bpickler
Message 1 of 6 (1,871 Views)

Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappeared!

1871 Views, 5 Replies
07-24-2008 09:49 AM
I opened my AutoCAD this morning and the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappeared! Nothing has changed between this morning and last night when I left the office.

Any suggestions on how to get it back? I go to my workspace and it is shown as being in my workspace, but not showing up on my computer.

I am using the Trial version until my software comes in. Is there some evil trick from Autodesk so that each day of your trial version certain tools begin to disappear? Maybe by Day 30 the entire program is BLANK!?!?!? HA HA
*Gehenna
Message 2 of 6 (1,871 Views)

Re: Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappeared!

07-24-2008 11:30 AM in reply to: bpickler
bpickler wrote:
> I opened my AutoCAD this morning and the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappeared! Nothing has changed between this morning and last night when I left the office.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get it back? I go to my workspace and it is shown as being in my workspace, but not showing up on my computer.
>
> I am using the Trial version until my software comes in. Is there some evil trick from Autodesk so that each day of your trial version certain tools begin to disappear? Maybe by Day 30 the entire program is BLANK!?!?!? HA HA

See the attached Word doc.
*Paul
Message 3 of 6 (1,871 Views)

07-29-2008 04:58 AM in reply to: bpickler
Gehenna bracht volgend idée uit :
> bpickler wrote:
>> I opened my AutoCAD this morning and the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
>> disappeared! Nothing has changed between this morning and last night when I
>> left the office.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to get it back? I go to my workspace and it is shown
>> as being in my workspace, but not showing up on my computer.
>>
>> I am using the Trial version until my software comes in. Is there some evil
>> trick from Autodesk so that each day of your trial version certain tools
>> begin to
> disappear? Maybe by Day 30 the entire program is BLANK!?!?!? HA HA
>
> See the attached Word doc.

I'm sorry to say that I cannot open the attached Word-doc. Could you
sent it again?

Thanks in advance!

--

Groeten Paul
*Mark Martinez
Message 4 of 6 (1,871 Views)

01-06-2009 08:35 AM in reply to: bpickler
Another reason this may be occurring is due to Large Fonts selected in Display
Properties - Font Size.

Mark Martinez
The D.C. CADD Company
js1900
Message 5 of 6 (1,871 Views)

03-03-2010 08:43 AM in reply to: bpickler
Contents of Word file:

LOST QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR IN 2009
The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) should be in the upper-left of the screento the immediate right of the large, red “A”.

The loss of the QAT is possibly due to migrating a CUI from a previous release. It is recommended that migration be limited to other aspects of previous releases but not the CUI (assuming Autodesk has not issued a Service Pack to remedy this error). Additional note: In the event the user has migrated a previous release CUI, it will be available (after the QAT has been restored by resetting) by typing “menubar” at the Command Prompt, which will bring up any migrated CUI.

To regain the QAT, open the CUI and select the ACAD menu group in the upper-left pane and right click. Pick Reset. This should bring back the QAT. Note: picking Reset discards any and all migrated CUI’s and resets 2009 to the default (out of the box) 2009 CUI. However, any customizations of mi-grated cui’s that are lost by resetting the QAT can be restored by Menuloading or Transferring.

Alternate method: Open the CUI. In the upper-right pane the QAT will not have the required com-mands. To add the commands that are missing, select the appropriate Workspace in the upper-left pane and drag & drop the required commands from the lower-left pane to the QAT in the upper-right pane (see screen capture below). The commands for this will be: Qnew, Open, Qsave, Plot, Undo and Redo. When finished, there may be a Menubar at the right end of the QAT which will be used to bring up the standard or migrated pulldown menu. Note: once the pulldown menu has been set, the Menu command at the right end of the QAT will disappear and will no longer be availableor needed.

-----------------

I didn’t use the above guide as I have done a lot of customisation and restoring it would be a huge pain, but I was able to restore my QAT by assigning a workspace I had saved (didn’t occur to me at first.. doh!). This has also happened to one of my colleagues, It's a mystery why the QAT disappeared. Edited by: js1900 on Mar 3, 2010 4:50 PM
*Pro
murray-clack
Message 6 of 6 (1,871 Views)

03-03-2010 11:17 AM in reply to: bpickler
"Note: picking Reset discards any and all migrated CUI’s and resets 2009 to the default"

To AVOID this from happening, here is what usually works for me:

1. Open the CUI
2. Under the Workspaces, simply right-click on the CURRENT workspace and select "Set Current"

This basically gives the QAT a little kick-start
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.