Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINTS PRICISION

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dmdenton
280 Views, 5 Replies

POINTS PRICISION

I am having an issue with the precision displayed for my AECC points. They randomly decide to round up or down to whole numbers. When I list a point it still has the point listed to the hundreth position but in the drawing it is rounded. I will be working on something completely different in the drawing and the precision will randomly change.For instance, they were just displaying to the hundreth in my drawing while I was working on a sewer line. I turned all layers back on and did a regen.  When it regenerated the points were rounded again. I am using Land Desktop '07. I'm at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: dmdenton

'precision' never changes: what tools/commands are you using that are rounding up?
BTW this is not LDD forum, so if you are using more than basic AutoCAD commands I probably can't help.
Message 3 of 6
Patchy

Go to Project, Drawing Setup, Units tab, change it in there and then Regen.

Precision.jpg

Message 4 of 6
dmdenton
in reply to: Patchy

Unfortanately, I have tried the drawing setup menu and it is still set to the hundreth position. I have manually created all the points with the create points menu. I have found a temporary cure for when I go to print, but this proves problematic when I have to send the drawing to someone else. I have found that if I go into the display properties under the edit points menu, text tab, and check the number option (I only display the elevation and description) and hit ok, they all pop back to the hundreth. I can then go in and uncheck the box and hit ok and they remain and I can print. However, if I zoom, regen or any number of things then they revert back to only displaying whole numbers. Strangely the same does not occur if I do these exact steps in the points setting.

Message 5 of 6
Patchy

Only one drawing doing this or any drawing ? Check to see if your LDD has all of the Service Packs installed.

Message 6 of 6
dmdenton
in reply to: Patchy

It is only the one drawing. All my other projects are fine. I will check the service packs. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost