AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
jwalker
Message 1 of 4 (565 Views)

Pasted image blank after save

565 Views, 3 Replies
04-13-2011 07:17 AM
I have seen this post before but with no resolution. I open an image in an image editor (I am using IrfanView). I copy the image to clipboard. I paste into AutoCAD with PASTE SPECIAL >> DEVICE INDEPENDENT BITMAP. Looks great, but then I save the file and when I reopen it, it is a blank rectangle in the drawing. I am trying to accomplish a drawing that has the raster image embedded (not pointing to the actual raster file). Anyone have a resolution to this? Thanks
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (559 Views)

Re: Pasted image blank after save

04-14-2011 10:37 AM in reply to: jwalker

Why PASTESPEC specifically? why not just PASTECLIP command? You just want the image, correct?

And try Windows Paint instead or Ifran if that still breaks, it works fine here.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
jwalker
Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

04-14-2011 11:00 AM in reply to: pendean
I use PASTESPEC specifically to eliminate having to have the image file path be present (I need it embedded in AutoCAD, not pointing to a separate image file). I can use many methods to place an image file in AutoCAD and have it work fine. My particular issue is to do it without having to send a certain tif file to our customer and have them store the tif image also. If the image file has a path, it always works for me. I tried it with PAINT and the result was the same. I have used Corel Photo Paint, IrfanView, Paint, and Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I have also tried it with the file being a TIF (my preference), JPG, PNG, and BMP. Results are the same.
Contributor
jwalker
Message 4 of 4 (544 Views)

04-15-2011 10:16 AM in reply to: jwalker
I may have come up with a solution. I analyzed the TIF image we were using to paste in the drawing. When I viewed the properties, I noticed it was saved with GROUP 4 Fax Encoding and was 400 x 400 DPI. I found a TIF image that worked in another drawing and its DPI was 300DPI. Hmmm, I tweaked the image properties of the file (using IrfanView) and then saved it and repeated my steps. What do you know. It opened back up after a save and the image was visible. Note! this works when the image does not grow in height and width. This means that you need to make this change in the "Resize/Resample" Dialog and not the "Properties/Settings" Dialog.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.