AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

tryarbrough
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)

ORBIT corrupting view and rendering

121 Views, 2 Replies
03-09-2009 12:13 AM
I have been experiencing this problem for some time and it is driving me insane. I'm getting the same error on several machines and now I'm getting the error in Acad2009 as well as 2007 (different machines also). As you can see from the attached image the right pain are the objects in 2D. When I turn to 3D using orbit the objects are corrupted. I turn back to 2D and all is fine. Problem is I need them in 3D. I was hoping using a trial version of 2009 would solve the problem (since my company has 2009 license just haven't upgraded), but no luck. I've tried eveything I can think of. Facetres, viewres, displsilh, messing with 3dconfig, everything (except the one thing that fixes the problem) and none of them make any bit of difference. Any ideas? Only thing I have not tried is rolling my GPU driver back a few years but as I said this is happening on multiple machines and using different dwgs!!! All machines are wotkstation class rigs: Intel Xeons, ATI or Nvidia Quadro GPUs.
RTCADMAN2
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: ORBIT corrupting view and rendering

03-09-2009 05:32 AM in reply to: tryarbrough
I believe I am having the same issue. Everything looks fine in plan view, then I go to an ortho view or orbit my drawing and alot of the objects do not show. But if I look close at the drawing as I orbit it, it also appears there is a window or (for lack of a better term) viewport that goes across the screen, but not the full height of the screen. I've tried a bunch of stuff, but don't know what is going on!! I'm running Arch. desktop 2007. Hope someone has a solution.
tryarbrough
Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: ORBIT corrupting view and rendering

03-10-2009 09:50 AM in reply to: tryarbrough
What system setup are you using? Specifically CPU, graphics card, and graphics driver? I having the same problems in Acad2007 AND Acad2009 so I'm thinking this is a subsystem problem and not Acad itself although all my equipment is geared toward design and visualization.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.