Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext made in LT2009 changes when opened in 2014

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
maze10full
672 Views, 8 Replies

Mtext made in LT2009 changes when opened in 2014

Hi, I have been facing this error from our client place.

My client is using ACAD 2014, where we are using ACAD LT2009 version, we have whopping number of .Dwg's for QC, In that few files aren't matching the clients requirements..

The main problem is with few files, When "Mtext made in LT 2009 are cannot be moved Fully in ACAD2014, what problem arises is, it letting Mtext text's to split and it moves word by word not the whole, i couldnt even figure it out why its happening so..

Can anybody correct this issue..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: maze10full

"Few File" tells me you have a problem there and not in either of the programs: show us a DWG file with this issue, everyone has 2014 here.
Or go grab a 30-day trial version of 2014 and explore/fix it yourself to help your recipient.
Message 3 of 9
maze10full
in reply to: pendean

Sorry for the late reply sir, Actual Complaint from the Client is that Few files which is edited in AutoCAD 2009 LT version changes in Client place while they try to open that in AutoCAD 2014.
We followed those files here but we couldn't find any error of getting Mtext Changes in our AutoCAD 2009 LT version .
our objective is to Place the existing old drawings to 0,0,0 origin.
But i we couldn't do it properly,
So we have created a NAMED UCS and make it as a new origin, But here the problem arises, if the Client in future wants to do lisp programming and that too which is based on the WCS, then it wont work properly.. this is our problem.
So we use "move" to Change the insertion point of the old one to new base point, but when we do so the exact problem arises, that which i was asking about, Mtext and other properties Changes while its opened in Client place..
Message 4 of 9
maze10full

error from the client

Message 5 of 9
pendean

Are you two sharing fonts, and/or using the same exact font files?
Is that an image of text or MTEXT or a Multi-line attribute?

Did you grab a trial of 2014 and find out for yourself what's going on, test and help your client out as part of the service you offer them?
Message 6 of 9
maze10full

Yeah, this is not the same font which we used, it has changed its fonts and while trying to move the whole Mtext but its moving only a word by word.. when the client opens from his/her side, and there is no attribute here sir, because there is an another problem going on, so we are using Only Mtext. Client sent that image, this is how it appears on clients place,

Yeah i have downloaded a 2014 trail, and its okie with us, but still if the client opens that, same problem arises, Don't know whats the problem, can you please suggest us what might cause this to happen????

Waiting for your reply eagerly..

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Post your DWG file.
Message 8 of 9
steve216586

I have seen this between 2007 and 2009 & 2012. It only happens on certain files and on a certain user's computer at the moment of discovery. Meaning when a user has this problem, I can open the same file and NOT have the problem at that time.

When it happened to a few other users, we realized it may just be a glitch, like Dean said, with font recognition or base point for the text. Eventually, we ran out of ideas of fixing it and did a re-install of AutoCAD on the problem machine(s), and all files were remedied of this problem.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 9
maze10full
in reply to: steve216586

Yeah, sir, i'll do ask them about they system configure & i'll also let you know, if any thing is lagging by the client side..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost