AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Distinguished Contributor
mcloughlin
Message 1 of 4 (432 Views)

Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

432 Views, 3 Replies
10-22-2012 11:56 AM

Within the past week I notice that the Layer States Manager does not retain the specified layers in saved layer states.  For instance, I have a layer state called 0 PLOT, which selects all layers to be seen in a plot.  However, not when I select this state after having, say, isolated a few layers for editing, the routine states that I have returned to the 0 PLOT state, but the layers on the screen do not update, even after a regenall. 

What could be going on?

Many thanks.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

Re: Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

10-22-2012 01:48 PM in reply to: mcloughlin

Post a screenshot of LAYERSTATE's pop-up, let's have a look at your choices: and are these layers by chance on an XREF?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
mcloughlin
Message 3 of 4 (425 Views)

Re: Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

10-22-2012 03:06 PM in reply to: pendean

No Xrefs were involved.  However, I tried the Oldest Trick, i.e., re-booting twice, and LO!  The thing's working again. 

Thanks for your time. 

mcloughlin
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

Layer States Manager Does Not Retain Layer States

10-23-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: mcloughlin

Within the past week I notice that the Layer States Manager does not retain the specified layers in saved layer states.  For instance, I have a layer state called 0 PLOT, which selects all layers to be seen in a plot.  However, not when I select this state after having, say, isolated a few layers for editing, the routine states that I have returned to the 0 PLOT state, but the layers on the screen do not update, even after a regenall. 

At one point, I thought I'd solved the problem by re-starting the program several times, but now I realize that the condition remains.  When the layer state manager is activated, and a layer state chosen for "restore," the command line produces the response shown in the attached .jpg.

What could be going on?

Many thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.