Did you mean: 

know the difference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
208 Views, 3 Replies

know the difference

HELLO DEAR AUTODESK,

I JUSL LOVE AUTOCAD...... BIG FAN OF YOURS...... 

BUT MY QUESTION IS I KNOE AND LEARN AUTOCAD 2007 AND I AM CIVIL ENGINEER, SO WHAT IS DIFFERENE BETWEEN AUTOCAD 2007 TO 2015 AND CIVIL 3D ?

I WANT TO KNOW DIFEERENCE ABOUT COMMANDS FUNCTION ALL OF THEM ARE SAME  ?  RENDERING ? MODELLING ? ALL OF ARE SAME OR DIFFERENT ? 

HOPE GIVE YOU ANSWER AS SOON AS................  THANK YOU

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> HELLO DEAR AUTODESK,

First for you info: most answers here come from users, if you want to have an answer directly from Autodesk you need to contact Autodesk directly (or a reseller near to you).

>> WHAT IS DIFFERENE BETWEEN AUTOCAD 2007 TO 2015 AND CIVIL 3D ?

That is nothing that can be done in one answer, that are tons of documentation we would have to write here. PLUS I guess if an answer would include all news/modifications then 50% are not important for you/your workflow.

Maybe one answer might be interesting for you: by default we have 0.5 to 1 day update training per release, from 2007 to 2015 you have 8 releases = 4-8 days training. And with the new ribbon interface introduced with release 2009 you will think partially that you are learning a new program.

To just have a feeling about what happened within the computer-centuries look to that list of commands >>>click<<<, there you can see new and modified commands up to 2013

The difference between AutoCAD and Civil 3D:

Civil 3D includes the functionality of AutoCAD + GIS-functions from Map 3D + functionality for civil engineering  ... look to >>>that site<<<.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

From 2007 to 2015 is a big jump !

So I estimate that you need about 3-4 days of trainings to discover new features and new Interface ...

Then CIVIL is a vertical high End product, so you will need 3-4 days to only begin ...

... and then later 2-3-4 days depending on what you plan to design ...

So Good Luck, Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
pendean

If you have the time, go visit an Autodesk Resseller in your region and have them give you a demonstration and explain the differences. It's the best way to discover what you need to know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost