AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Active Contributor
donm
Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

keyboard shortcut for "save as" doesn't work

281 Views, 3 Replies
04-10-2009 05:02 PM
I'm using AutoCAD 2007 with Windows XP Pro. Everytime I try to use the keyboard shortcut for the "Save As" command (Control+Shift+S), rather than bringing up the save dialogue window, it minimizes AutoCAD to the task bar and switches to my desktop screen. When I change the focus back to AutoCAD, the save dialogue has not been activated. I double-checked the keyboard shortcut list in the CUI files, and it shows properly there, and is checked as active. The command does work if clicked with the mouse from the toolbar, or if typed out on the command line. But the shortcut just won't work. I'm wondering if there is some sort of conflict with Windows--a Windows shortcut that overrides the AutoCAD command perhaps--but a Google search turned up no such Windows shortcut. Anyone encountered this problem?
**Master
dmfrazier
Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

Re: keyboard shortcut for "save as" doesn't work

04-28-2009 06:28 AM in reply to: donm
Do you have some sort of "desktop manager" software from your graphics card manufacturer that allows defining of "hot keys"?
Active Contributor
donm
Message 3 of 4 (281 Views)

04-28-2009 12:20 PM in reply to: donm
No.
Active Contributor
seanfts
Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)

04-28-2009 11:57 PM in reply to: donm
From the tool bar, choose Tools -> Customize -> Interface...
In the open winddow, find the 'Shortcut Keys' in the left column and in the right upper shrtcuts find the saveas item. You can then customize the proper item of shotcut hotkey in the right lower 'Information' column.
See the image I enclosed...

-----
Sean
CAD related Tools for users and ActiveX Controls for Developers at http://www.autodwg.com/
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.