AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

PSDstaff
Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

443 Views, 2 Replies
08-09-2012 10:24 AM

I work for the local school district and a current drawing set i'm working on has anywhere between 1 and 8 XREF's each. The way our drawing system was created was to have one drawing with several different layer states. I was wondering whether it is possible to combine layer states so that I can change each of the XREF's layer states at one time, rather than indiviually. Please let me know if anyone knows whether or not this is achieveable. Thank you.

Update: Problem solved, I believe. It turns out that as long as I have the correct layers turned on within the layer state, the Xref will follow over with it on the same layer state. An obvious solution that i'm mad I didn't think of sooner. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (431 Views)

Re: Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

08-10-2012 05:40 AM in reply to: PSDstaff

There is nothing within the program to do this: there might be a programming option, ask in the Customization Discussion area:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
PSDstaff
Message 3 of 3 (423 Views)

Re: Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

08-10-2012 10:18 AM in reply to: PSDstaff

Update: Problem solved, I believe. It turns out that as long as I have the correct layers turned on within the layer state, the Xref will follow over with it on the same layer state. An obvious solution that i'm mad I didn't think of sooner. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.