AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

PSDstaff
Message 1 of 3 (437 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

437 Views, 2 Replies
08-09-2012 10:24 AM

I work for the local school district and a current drawing set i'm working on has anywhere between 1 and 8 XREF's each. The way our drawing system was created was to have one drawing with several different layer states. I was wondering whether it is possible to combine layer states so that I can change each of the XREF's layer states at one time, rather than indiviually. Please let me know if anyone knows whether or not this is achieveable. Thank you.

Update: Problem solved, I believe. It turns out that as long as I have the correct layers turned on within the layer state, the Xref will follow over with it on the same layer state. An obvious solution that i'm mad I didn't think of sooner. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (425 Views)

Re: Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

08-10-2012 05:40 AM in reply to: PSDstaff

There is nothing within the program to do this: there might be a programming option, ask in the Customization Discussion area:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
PSDstaff
Message 3 of 3 (417 Views)

Re: Is it possible to combine/merge Layer States or XREF's?

08-10-2012 10:18 AM in reply to: PSDstaff

Update: Problem solved, I believe. It turns out that as long as I have the correct layers turned on within the layer state, the Xref will follow over with it on the same layer state. An obvious solution that i'm mad I didn't think of sooner. 

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.