AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

daria_davar
Message 1 of 5 (450 Views)
Accepted Solution

insert image

450 Views, 4 Replies
09-22-2012 02:22 AM

Hello my friends

I have a question about inserting images. Suppose we insert an image in AutoCAD , If we want to give this file to someone else, we have to put the image near the autocad file and give both of them !

but, when we insert an image in word, powerpoint, exel and ... No need to share this image again !

Is there any way that my images save in AutoCAD like Office ?
:catvery-happy:

Hi,

you can, open the image in any software, mark an area, use function "copy". Change the focus to AutoCAD/to your drawing and then use "paste" to insert the image as OLE-object.

But don't wonder then that the size of the DWG-file raises up (and may be the quality of printing is not as good as a referenced version of the image).

To use _ETRANSMIT (a command that packs the DWG and the referenced files to a ZIP) would be the preferred method for transferring data to anyone else.

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (443 Views)

Re: insert image

09-22-2012 07:00 AM in reply to: daria_davar

Hi,

you can, open the image in any software, mark an area, use function "copy". Change the focus to AutoCAD/to your drawing and then use "paste" to insert the image as OLE-object.

But don't wonder then that the size of the DWG-file raises up (and may be the quality of printing is not as good as a referenced version of the image).

To use _ETRANSMIT (a command that packs the DWG and the referenced files to a ZIP) would be the preferred method for transferring data to anyone else.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 3 of 5 (426 Views)

09-24-2012 02:56 PM in reply to: daria_davar

Another method I have seen (but to this day have not figured out how he did it)

is to insert an image into a DWG file, then insert that DWG file into the current

DWG file as an unexploded block. I never did investigate if it was OLE... or not.

???

Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.
Introverts is proof that there is indeed intelligent life on this planet.
Valued Mentor
TerryDotson
Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

09-24-2012 05:27 PM in reply to: scot-65

Something like this attachment, created with the Image Bind tool in ToolPac.

daria_davar
Message 5 of 5 (380 Views)

10-07-2012 10:42 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

thank you very much for your reply and solution

:catvery-happy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!