AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

newage20051
Message 1 of 6 (1,059 Views)
Accepted Solution

I CAN'T PLOT WITH AUTOCAD 2007.

1059 Views, 5 Replies
01-11-2013 05:55 AM

DEAR SIRS,
I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL AUTOCAD 2007 AND TILL YESTERDAY I WAS SO CONTENT ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. WE HAVE 4 COMPUTERS AND WE USE A NETWORK PLOT WHICH IS INSTALLED ON A WORKMATE'S COMPUTER. CONCLUSION: ALL THE OTHER SOFTWARE WORKS WITH OUR HP DESIGNJET110PLUS, AUTOCAD 2004 TOO, ONLY MY AUTOCAD 2007 NO AND I'M DISPERATELY TRYING IN ALL THE WAY, BUT NOTHING. THE AUTOCAD MESSAGE IS THAT "JOB WAS PLOT" AND THE PLOTTER CONTINUES BE DEAD! PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS DIFFICULT PROBLEM? THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENT!

From your description alone, it appears you are using the wrong drivers with 2007.
Go to HP's website and download the correct drivers for the PC where 2007 is installed, then point the driver to the IP Address of the plotter or printer. Test the driver in other programs the do the same in AutoCAD.
Please note that there is no difference between 2004 and 2007 when it comes to plotting, so something else must have changed too. Find out what that is please.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (1,048 Views)

Re: I CAN'T PLOT WITH AUTOCAD 2007.

01-11-2013 12:11 PM in reply to: newage20051

Is this a recent problem, as in it worked fine before?

Do you have background plotting or publishing turned on by chance?

Are you plotting to a system/Windows driver (like all the other applications that work), or are you using a PC3 file or an AutoCAD-sourced driver?

Your Windows version? The Windows version of the PC that the plotter is attached to?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
newage20051
Message 3 of 6 (1,039 Views)

I CAN'T PLOT WITH AUTOCAD 2007.

01-11-2013 03:17 PM in reply to: pendean

Good afternoon,
I wanna express my gratitude because I received so quickly an answer!
So, I bought this original software this autumn in UK and I only used it to print on our network printer (RICOH...) A3 sheets - I noticed that is installed on TCP-IP. Now I need to use the plotter HP DESIGNJET 110PLUS NR, so when I tried to plot, I used this plotter from the list I found on "plot" menu. Acad published that the plot job was without error and the plotter menu window had the message "...name of my file... send to plotter - error" I tried for 10-15 times, but the same. So, I decided to add a new plotter, and I tried at the beginning with "computer printer", because on my computer there is a path to the network plotter - it worked before well, with Autocad 2004. Nothig it happened! The same message of error. Than I tried to add a plotter like "system plotter" and as I didn't find the HP model , I downloaded from web the drivers, trying to install them, but at the end of the installation came out "error". I tried to install other models which I thought that could be simile our plotter HP, but nothing to do, the same error.
I have both of them "background plotting and publishing turned on by chance" - is it wrong, please?
On my computer there is Windows vista and on the other one where is installed the plotter, there is Windows Vista 64.
If you was able to understand my poor English, I thought that you saw that I tried with file pc3, by adding a new plotter and later with the network path plotter, found on our network, as I worked previously with Autocad 2004.

I tried than with another printer, an HP OFFICEJET550, but Autocad published the same ok and the printer printed some letters, only letters, no drawings.

I think that I did a great confusion, but I really have to resolve this problem, because the project have to be closed.

Thanks again, Mihaela

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 6 (1,027 Views)

01-12-2013 06:00 AM in reply to: newage20051
From your description alone, it appears you are using the wrong drivers with 2007.
Go to HP's website and download the correct drivers for the PC where 2007 is installed, then point the driver to the IP Address of the plotter or printer. Test the driver in other programs the do the same in AutoCAD.
Please note that there is no difference between 2004 and 2007 when it comes to plotting, so something else must have changed too. Find out what that is please.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
newage20051
Message 5 of 6 (1,007 Views)

01-14-2013 03:41 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks again, now it works, it was a problem of our network, not of Autocad configuration. Thanks again from Italy, 

Mihaela

newage20051
Message 6 of 6 (997 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: pendean
Thanks again for your gentleness!  Tomorrow morning I'll do exactly as you wrote (now is 2 o' clock am). Have a nice weekend. Mihaela Inviato da Samsung Mobile
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.