AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
Appleroofing
Message 1 of 3 (388 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to turn off the visual effects on the lines when the curser rolls over them

388 Views, 2 Replies
10-16-2012 08:49 AM

I want to use Autocad version 2009, I have everything set back to the classic format. The only thing I  can't figure out is How to turn off the visual effects on the lines or other objects when the curser rolls over them. I went to selection-visual effect settings-selection preview effect and there is no way to turn off the lighting up effect on the objects. Advanced options offer nothing I need either. Please help, I want to use AutoCad 2009, but this feature is not helpful and I hope there is a way to turn it off.

Thanks

I figured out one way to turn off the effects problem I was having; that is go to options-selection-selection preview and remove the checkmark from the when no command is active prompt

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 2 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: How to turn off the visual effects on the lines when the curser rolls over t

10-16-2012 08:55 AM in reply to: Appleroofing

There is a system variable that controls it, but the name escapes me. SelectionPreview mebbe...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Appleroofing
Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: How to turn off the visual effects on the lines when the curser rolls over t

10-16-2012 11:43 AM in reply to: Appleroofing

I figured out one way to turn off the effects problem I was having; that is go to options-selection-selection preview and remove the checkmark from the when no command is active prompt

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.