Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust diameter dimension string?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Connect34
929 Views, 4 Replies

How to adjust diameter dimension string?

Hello. I am working with diamter dimensions, and the dimension string is not displaying the way i need it. I would like the string/ ext. line to extend outside of the circle and attach to the diamter number. Currently the line extends inside the circle but does not extend out to the diameter number. Ive tried finding the adjustment options in DIMSTYLE but I cannot seem to find the the option to adjust. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Connect34

Hi,

what happens if you slect the dimension, take the text on it's grip point and move the text outside the arc/circle? Then the dimension text is placed outside, isn't it?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Connect34
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Outside, but its not connected to a line or a string. Its just floating out there. Theres an option to attach a line/ string from the text to the actual dimension. Otherwise it is just floating out there with no attachment to the dimension. How do I get the line to attach from the text to the dimension while the text is outside the circle? Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Connect34

Hi,

look to that video, is that what you tried and that does not work? If so I have attached a drawing for you to compare the dimension-style-settings.

DiameterDim_TextOutside_AC2007_AN01.gif

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Connect34
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This is good. Thanks dude.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost