AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

wellsws
Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do custom colors work for printing in black & white?

303 Views, 2 Replies
06-11-2012 09:53 PM

My firm has a specific color we use in our logo.  I've been able to create a layer with those RGB settings.  We want the logo color to appear in PDFs that we make rather than black & white.  However, when we print to our large format plotter (always in black & white) using the new custom color, the logo comes out in a muted graytone rather than solid black, like we would prefer it to be.  Is there a way to get both the custom color in the PDF and the ability to have the color print as solid black on the plotter without picking different .ctb files?

Hi,

assuming you are plotting layouts you can create a layout for b/w or greyscale plotting, then open the layermanager and use the layer-color-overrides and assign your new b/ws- or greyscale-values there.

No need of any CTB any more :smileywink:

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

Re: How do custom colors work for printing in black & white?

06-11-2012 11:36 PM in reply to: wellsws

If you use colours from AutoCAD's colour palettes then they should allways come out in colour - they can't be mapped to a (Virtual) pen.

If you  don't want this, you could chose the AutoCAD system colour that is closest to your logo colour and set your comapnies CTB file to plot this in colour. You would need a seprate CTB file to plot this in Monchrome.

Finally, you could use an STB pen file, rather than a CTB pen file. In either case I recommend that you use Page setups to control the differences between your PDF plots and your Paper plots.

I hope that helps!

Paul

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: How do custom colors work for printing in black & white?

06-12-2012 12:21 AM in reply to: wellsws

Hi,

assuming you are plotting layouts you can create a layout for b/w or greyscale plotting, then open the layermanager and use the layer-color-overrides and assign your new b/ws- or greyscale-values there.

No need of any CTB any more :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!