AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

remymerm
Message 1 of 6 (1,730 Views)

Free Student Software question with ACAD 2007/newer versions download

1730 Views, 5 Replies
07-20-2012 08:15 PM
Hi, I am an intern at a local architects office in my community. At his office I have been working on AutoCAD 2007 and have learned how to use it very well. I also want to work at home though. Through the Free Student Software program I as able to download ACAD2012, but have found that is it so much different then AutoCAD 2007 that I cannot really use it to its potential. Not having the time to learn right now how to use it I am asking this question: Is it possible for me to get AutoCAD 2007 as a Free Student Download instead of AutoCAD 2010,'011, or 2012? It would really help me. Thanks. ~Remy
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (1,727 Views)

Re: Free Student Software question with ACAD 2007/newer versions download

07-20-2012 11:34 PM in reply to: remymerm

Hi,

>> I also want to work at home though

Maybe this answers a principle question: If you "work at home" to use the results and continue your construction/design in your office you have two effects:

• you are not allowed to use educational licenses for commercial use
  • you will get plot-stamps on every drawing where you insert parts of dwg-files created with educational DWGs (e.g. if you create a table at home and you insert your table in the "arch.dwg" in the office both drawings would have (virus-like) the plot-stamp "created with an educational version" (or similar phrase).

>> but have found that is it so much different then AutoCAD 2007

You can change your workspace to "Classic", that changes the userinterface to old style (for all people don't be able to learn or don't want to learn :smileywink: ).

>> Is it possible for me to get AutoCAD 2007 as a Free Student Download

I don't think so, and even when you find a download you would not get an activationcode for 2007 for a 6 year old product.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
remymerm
Message 3 of 6 (1,723 Views)

07-21-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Ok, thanks anyway. I did not know about the changing the workspace settings. I also didn't know about the plot stamp being transferred like a virus. Thanks for your advise. ~Remy Remy Mermelstein Architect, Pilot DAL9655 767-300 CTP
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (1,716 Views)

07-21-2012 09:55 AM in reply to: remymerm

Hi,

if you would have a current version including a subscription you would have the option for an official "home-use-license".

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
remymerm
Message 5 of 6 (1,713 Views)

07-21-2012 05:52 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
What is a subscription? I registered and activated my AutoCAD 2010 student version with the serial #, activation code and product key given to me. I don't recall getting a subscription, or signing up for it. Also, if I can get the home use license, does it cost money, and how do I get it. Also will it remove the plot banner if I want to print something for my work at the office? Thanks, btw I will not be able to respond to this until August 16th or so unless somebody responds before tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. Thanks for all your help, ~Remy Remy Mermelstein Architect, Pilot DAL9655 767-300 CTP
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 6 (1,709 Views)

07-21-2012 10:55 PM in reply to: remymerm

Hi,

>> What is a subscription?

It's a contract between you and Autodesk that guarantees your (for an anual fee) free updates, some special tools, usage of a home-use license, ...

Check >>>this<<<(plus page 8 where "home-license" is listed)

But that is for commercial licenses like you use it for your office, not the educational version!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!