AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

bmiller
Message 1 of 1 (65 Views)

folder links not working in AutoCAD

65 Views, 0 Replies
08-18-2009 04:18 PM
I just set up a new machine and it has Vista Business 32-bit on it.
I installed AutoCAD 2008 and applied all the service packs. We keep all of our files in one location on the server in a folder called "Detailing".
For some reason when I try to click on that folder in any dialogue box (Open, Save, insert, etc..) I won't open the folder and just doesn't do anything. I can access this folder from any other program except AutoCAD. If I have a link that takes me to a folder inside of the Detailing folder I have no problems navigating folders as long as I don't go back to the root and try to click into Detailing.
I have checked the folder permissions on the server and everything is fine. I have searched through every setting I can find in AutoCAD and I am stumped on why only that folder is an issue. It just happens to be the one folder that I click on 1000 times a day.
If I am in a dialogue box like SaveAs I can right click on the detailing folder and click Open or Explore and it will open a new window and allow me to click through. But because it opens a new window I can't save the file.
I have one other machine that has the exact same setup and I have no problems clicking through to this folder on that one.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.