Did you mean: 

Flatshot Base Point, ACE 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bcc2
780 Views, 3 Replies

Flatshot Base Point, ACE 2013

I am using ACE 2013. I used flatshot yesterday to create a 2D sketch of a 3D drawing I pulled offline. When I created a block from the drawing flatshot designated a random and useless base point for me. I ended up finding a way to make my own basepoint by zooming the screen to exactly the right place. It seems to make the base point somewhere near the center of the screen. I could not right click and select basepoint to specify where i wanted it. It allowed me to select the point but did not make it the base point after I dropped it into the drawing. Is there a way to set a base point without doing this absurd "zoom center offsetting" that I used? What was the intended method by the designers?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: bcc2

I use FLATSHOT extensively and know what you mean. When it prompts for a base point, its actually asking for a temporary reference point, not the actual basepoint for the block...kinda annoying because the "basepoint" is usually nowhere near the actual flat shot projections. You can usually make it better by moving the objects close to 0,0. prior to running flarshot. otherwise you're likely going to be playing hide-n-seek in a busy drawing.

Message 3 of 4
bcc2
in reply to: nestly2

Well that's a bit irritating. Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
alan_rackham
in reply to: bcc2

I can confirm that this is still a problem in 2023.  I would hope that the insertion point was a least 0,0,0 and that it could be run from the command prompts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost