AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
rwydesk500
Message 1 of 3 (589 Views)

Field System Variable Question

589 Views, 2 Replies
06-02-2011 06:06 AM

We utilize the functionality of having many sheets within one drawing file. We use a title block consisting of an area that shows the particular sheet number "of" the total sheets.

Title_Block_Fields_001.JPG

Fig. 1

I am currently using the field system variable 

%<\AcVar ctab \f "%tc1">%

to indicate the current sheet (eg. 1 in Fig. 1) and it works great!

I also want to reflect the 'total number of sheets', or the last sheet in the drawing file as well (represented as a dash in Fig. 1 - this might change throughout the development of a particular project).

Is there a Field System Variable to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Valued Contributor
rwydesk500
Message 2 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: Field System Variable Question

06-02-2011 08:27 AM in reply to: rwydesk500

Apologies for the faint image. This one is better...

NEORSD_Bord_LowerRight.JPG

Figure 1

:smileyhappy:

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2014
*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 3 of 3 (561 Views)

Re: Field System Variable Question

06-02-2011 09:26 AM in reply to: rwydesk500

I use the CTAB variable to get a field to read my tabs for the individual sheet numbers (my tabs are named 1.0 2.0 2.1 etc). For all information common across many sheets (such as project address, or total sheets), go to Drawing Properties --> Custom tab. Here you can define any custom field you desire, and give it a value (such as total number of sheets). If anything changes, here is where you make those changes. I also store my drawing files under their job numbers, so you can imagine I have a field that grabs that info too. And if your fields ever go "dumb", try making sure FIELDEVAL = 31...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.