AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Distinguished Contributor
GegH1
Message 11 of 13 (144 Views)

Re: Exporting to PDF

02-21-2012 06:02 PM in reply to: pendean

Capture all doesn't necessarily fix it. I've had the same problem this time AutoCAD 2011, windows 7 pro.

If you select 'capture some' then 'edit font list' you can 'check all' this makes sure all fonts are embedded.

You may also find that you get another message about not being able to generate font and it might not print correctly. I have found that this is because of the degree or diameter symbol, possibly in the dimension. It seems to be an error with the Arial symbol, if you change the symbol to Times New Roman it works fine.

Be careful though you may have to change the dimension to text to change the symbol only, so it won't update as you change the dim.

Creative Intentions
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Win 7 Pro 64bit, Dell Precision M6500
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 13 (138 Views)

02-21-2012 11:41 PM in reply to: syria89

Hi,

according to the image <111111111111111.jpg 248 KB> from syria89 please be careful and try first NOT to check the option "as geometry". It should be enough to capture all fonts. If you convert all text-like objects to graphic the PDF:

• may result in bigger filessize (depending on number of textobjects the difference may be really significant)
  • you will not be able to text-search within the PDF.

@syria89: please understand the not as critic to your post, it's just a tip as I often read and heard the other side asking "my PDF's are so large" :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distinguished Contributor
syria89
Message 13 of 13 (130 Views)

02-22-2012 11:13 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

dont know worry Alfred

we learn everyday

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.