Did you mean: 

Editing printing macro/lisp

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Veggetossj
6886 Views, 1 Reply

Editing printing macro/lisp

Hi,

Previously we had a printer and I was giving tons of indivual CAD files wich i had to rpint, so i created a macro/lisp to quickly print them.

Now we have a different printer and i cant seem to able to use the same macro/lisp as it doesn not reconise the new printer even when i changed the macro/lisp code to that printer.

Here is the code: ^C^C-plot;Y;;\\tms_master_ste\RICOH Aficio MP C2800 PCL 6;A3 (297 x 420 mm);M;L;N;E;F;C;Y;Monochrome;Y;;;;Y;Close

It keeps promting me what type of printer i wanna use and each time i press ? it shows me the available printers, wich includes the printer i put in the code.

Please Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bgingerich
in reply to: Veggetossj

I suspect the problem comes from using the \ character in your macro.  This character s a control telling the macro to wait for user input.  Try putting your printer path and paper size in double quotes like this:

^C^C-plot;Y;;"\\tms_master_ste\RICOH Aficio MP C2800 PCL 6";"A3 (297 x 420 mm)";M;L;N;E;F;C;Y;Monochrome;Y;;;;Y;Close

The double quotes will also prevent the sapces in the printer name and paper size from being interpreted as <enter>.

This is the listing of the control characters for macros from help: http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7d0...

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost